International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS)
Mon, Sep 12 2022 - Sat, Sep 17 2022
IMTS of the Premier Manufacturing Technology show in North America. Industry professionals from all over the world visit IMTS to see and experience more than 15,000 new machine tools, controls, computers, software, components, systems and processes that will solve their manufacturing challenges and improve their efficiency.
- Abrasive Machining/Sawing/Finishing_ For applications that require high tolerance and precision surface finish, this pavilion has the technology you need. These technologies are particularly important to the auto, aerospace and medical industries, all of which require a high degree of accuracy and precision. See the latest in all varieties of grinding technology, as well as sawing and cutoff machines and a variety of finishing technologies, such as lapping, balancing, honing and polishing machines.
- Additive Manufacturing_ Additive manufacturing enables layer by layer processes to fabricate three dimensional products. See the continued improvements in materials and processes that are producing more industrial additive solutions than ever.
- Controls & CAD-CAM_ The world of custom automation and the latest software is on display in this pavilion, everything you need to extract the maximum efficiency from your machine tool — optimizing your plant operations and cost efficiency. At IMTS, controls, CAD/CAM and other digitally-enabled tools will help define Smart Manufacturing, the Industrial Internet of Things, Industry 4.0 and other advancements in the digital enterprise. Visitors will learn how to be part of the trend to further connect islands of digital data into a fully integrated solution from design to performance to recycle and reuse.
- Fabricating & Lasers_ Come see the latest technology in fabricating, laser and waterjet-based machining, along with displays of welding, metal treating and marking equipment. Exhibits will highlight in-process monitoring, multi-functional beam capabilities, as well as community collaboration on design, simulation, materials and quality to produce the most capable systems to support industrial manufacturing applications.
- Gear Generation_ If you're looking for gear manufacturing equipment—such as gear cutting, forming and finishing, as well as broaching, shaping and slotting machines, you must visit the Gear Generation pavilion. In addition to traditional applications such as auto, construction, mining and shipbuilding, gears are finding even greater importance in the emerging alternative energy and wind power sectors. You will find advancements in abrasive machining to improve dressable tooling applications and increased multi-functional, automated solutions to minimize workpiece movements to improve overall production time.
- Machine Components / Cleaning / Environmental_ These are the goods you need to run your plant, from the parts to service and monitor your machines to the components necessary for safe and environmentally responsible operations. Many exhibitors here plan to focus on plug-and-play modularity, integrated automation, the application of real-time data management to reduce consumable waste, and cleaning methods that reduce user exposure and provide increased recycle and reclamation opportunities.
- Metal Removal_ This pavilion is where you'll find the latest innovations in metal cutting equipment, machining centers, turning centers, drilling, boring, milling, EDM and more. Data will be back in the spotlight as many technology builders will have product offerings with interconnectivity standards, like MTConnect®, to provide the insight necessary to optimize today’s dynamic production floors. Speeds and feeds continue to evolve along more multi-tasking platforms cutting ever-challenging materials.
- Quality Assurance_ This is where you'll find the metrology equipment and systems to keep your processes on track and find absolute confidence and security in the quality of your output. It's also where you'll find the equipment that will check the accuracy of your machines, an important step to protecting your investments. Visitors can immerse themselves in the technical achievements that reduce the necessity for stand-alone work cells and have increased inspection abilities for both materials and features.
- Tooling & Workholding Systems_ No industry functions without its tooling. Maximize the investment in your machinery and equipment with the latest technology that will allow for minimum setup and machining time. Good tooling can give new capability to older equipment. If productivity and cost efficiency is your focus, you must visit this pavilion. The latest in state-of-the-art workholding systems are also featured in this area.