Why do we need a drilling machine? The drilling machine can perform precise drilling without damaging the object so that a drilling machine is an indispensable processing technology in industrial manufacturing.
Have you ever thought about how the holes are made in a workpiece without damaging it? That is why we need drilling machines. A drilling machine, called a drill press, is used to cut holes into or through metal, wood, or other materials. The drilling machine or drilling press is commonly used in the engineering field.
- Firstly, we will mark a point on it, where the holes are going to be made.
- Secondly, we use the drilling machine to set up the components and take a sharp cylindrical multi-point cutting tool, insert it inside the chuck, and fix it tightly there.
- Thirdly, put the work-piece block on the drilling machine table such that the tooltip becomes collinear with the point marked on the block by rotating table clamp.
- Fourth, move the table along the column until a specific distance between the tool and the block.
- Lastly, we switch on the power supply, then the tool begins to be rotating the hand labor manually, make sure the rotating tool to move linearly towards the block until the tool as rotating the lever, further the tool runs deep into the block, and continue rotating the lever till the tool pierces the block.
That is how a hole is made in a block without damaging it. This process of making holes in a block with the help of a rotating is called and the tool used is called drill thus the machine setup used is called drill press or drilling machine.