With the advent of the era of aging and a declining birth rate, the demand for home medical care is increasing. Connect upstream and downstream medical institutions in series to provide complete patient-centered home medical services.
The Development of Home Medicine:
Many elders living at home or patients with chronic diseases have limited mobility due to illness or age, and they cannot travel far.
To allow the elderly and patients who are inconvenienced to go out to see a doctor to receive care at home, the government has implemented a national health insurance home medical care integration plan. Medical staff forms a home-integrated care team to actively visit the elderly or those with limited mobility. Provides complete and continuous medical care in the patient's home.
The services provided by the national health insurance home medical care integration plan include the care stages of home medical care, severe home medical care, and palliative care, and provide services and care referrals according to the needs of patients. In this way, the inconvenience of movement and transportation of patients is reduced, and it is hoped that the number of days people spend in the hospital can be reduced so that people can rest at home with peace of mind.
Service Content of Home Medical Treatment:
- Physician Visit:
- According to the medical needs of the nursing object, issue a doctor's order for home medical services.
- Provide general western medicine outpatient diagnosis and treatment services, but not include specific diagnosis and treatment services such as surgery, anesthesia, hemodialysis, rehabilitation diagnosis and treatment, and home treatment of chronic mental diseases.
- General drug prescriptions should be used according to the needs of the patient's condition, and a sufficient amount should be prescribed each time.
- When a doctor prescribes a drug, he should use the VPN to use the health insurance cloud medical record system to inquire about the recent medication information of the care object in real-time. To avoid repeated prescriptions and improve the safety and quality of the care object's medication.
- Nursing Visits:
Provide home care general care, special care, hospice care, home-based self-care guidance, etc.
- Respiratory Therapy Personnel Visit:
Guide home respiratory care and home self-care.
- Visits by Other Professionals:
Visits by a clinical psychologist or social worker as needed.
- Drug Prescription Dispensing Service:
The medicines needed by the care recipients can be dispensed and delivered by the designated medical institution, or the family members can bring the health insurance card and prescription to the community pharmacy or the original prescription institution for dispensing and receiving the medicine. When the care recipient lives alone, appropriate pharmaceutical services should be provided.
- Case Health Management:
Stabilize health status, and connect medical and long-term care service resources. Counsel newly received cases to inquire about health passbooks to assist visiting medical staff to grasp the medical information of the care recipients and improve medication safety and efficiency.
- 24-hour Telephone Consultation Service:
When an emergency occurs to the care recipient, provide 24-hour medical professional consultation services for the care recipient and their family members, and initiate emergency medical evacuation procedures when necessary.
- Record Each Visit and Medical Records:
Record the time of each visit, and ask the care recipient or their family members to sign and stamp. In addition, a copy of the care record will be kept in the case file for future reference by other medical staff or long-term care service personnel. Provide integrated services.