When it comes to maintenance tools, many people strongly recommend electric tools, which have many varieties, easy to use, and low prices, especially suitable for home use. But you know what? There is also a powerful and efficient tool in the tool industry, that is, pneumatic tools. So, what is the difference between the two, and how should one choose? Let this article tell you now.
Power hand tools can be divided into electric hand tools (such as electric drills, electric screwdrivers, chainsaws, etc.) and pneumatic hand tools (such as pneumatic screwdrivers, pneumatic wrenches, pneumatic sanders, etc.) according to the external power source used. What is the difference between electric tools and pneumatic tools?
The initial investment of electric tools is low, but the long-term use of energy consumption is high, and the cost of tool maintenance and replacement is also high. The advantage of pneumatic tools is that they can work in various bad or harsh environments; however, maintenance work must also be done.
Pneumatic is the use of high-pressure gas to push the mechanical device to rotate and work, and electric is the work of converting electrical energy into mechanical energy. Each has its own advantages. Pneumatic tool is safer than electric, but it is bulky in size, has low efficiency conversion and is safe to use. Electric tool is small in size, has high efficiency conversion, but the cost is high, easy to break, and it is not safe to use.
Precautions of Use
1. The air is easy to obtain and the working pressure is low, and the used air can be discharged on the spot without the need for recycling pipes.
2. The gas has low viscosity and small flow resistance loss, which is convenient for centralized gas supply and long-distance transportation.
3. Pneumatic actuators move at a high speed.
4. The pneumatic system has strong adaptability to the environment, and can work reliably in a wide temperature range, humid and dusty environments, a little leakage will not pollute the environment, no fire and explosion hazards, and safe to use.
5. Simple structure, convenient maintenance and low cost.
6. Pneumatic components have long service life.
7. The execution output of the pneumatic components is smaller than that of the hydraulic pressure, the movement is faster, and the adaptability is strong. Easy to maintain and low price.
1. Carefully check it before use, the appearance is not damaged, the switch action is flexible without jamming, the power lead and the casing of the electrical tool should be intact.
2. The hand-held power tool with metal shell should have a reliable protective grounding wire. The power lead is a multi-core soft rubber sheathed cable, and both ends of the grounding protection wire should be firmly connected.
3. Hand-held power tools should be used by professional personnel with certain professional knowledge. The relevant safety operation rules should be strictly observed during use.
4. Before use, check whether the relevant electrical protection devices and mechanical protection devices are in good condition. Its use should be normal. Also pay attention to whether the rotating part is flexible and free from jamming.
5. When using Class I hand-held electrical tools, the user must wear protective equipment that meets the regulations, and set up qualified protective equipment. And take corresponding safety protection measures against electric shock as required, such as installing a leakage protector in the power circuit, or wearing insulating gloves, insulating shoes or standing on an insulating pad. When using Class II hand-held power tools in humid and narrow places, a leakage switch should be installed, the working current of the electric switch is less than 1.5mA, and the action time is less than or equal to 0.1 seconds. And the leakage switch should be placed in the container and monitored by a special person.
6. Occupational hazards of using hand-held electrical tools.
It can work in various bad or harsh environments, but maintenance work (dust removal, water removal, refueling, etc.) must be done well. Pneumatic tools can use internal combustion engine air pumps, so they are more suitable for field work. Pneumatic tools can work for a long time and are suitable for large-scale production lines.
Strong water resistance and because it does not generate electric sparks, even if it is used in places with danger of explosion, there is no possibility of ignition and explosion, and it is more suitable for use in coal mines, oil fields and other posts.
The initial investment requires the establishment of air pressure pipeline equipment, but the long-term use is low in energy consumption and tool maintenance.
The initial investment is low, but the energy consumption for long-term use is high, and the cost of tool maintenance and replacement is also high. The weight is generally 3 to 4 times that of pneumatic tools, which is not suitable for long-term work, while pneumatic tools can improve work efficiency.