Planetary reducer has been in existence for more than 30 years. During this long period of time, planetary reducer only appeared in high-end equipment in Europe and America. But, now automation is the trend, and planetary reducer has been widely used in machine tools, semiconductors, and packaging industries, medical food industry, aerospace, and other fields in recent years. High, medium and low power servo motors with planetary reducers have become standard. What are the applications and advantages of planetary reducers? This article will let you know more about planetary reducers.
What is a planetary reducer?
A planetary gear reducer is a type of planetary gearbox that aims to transmit a maximum torque in the most compact form. It decreases the number of motor revolutions and ensures high torque through the speed sensor. The planetary reducer is composed of a yellow sun gear, a dark blue planetary gear, a green ring gear and a light blue planetary arm. In this gear train, the ring gear is fixed, and the planetary gear rotates at the same time in addition to revolving around the axis of the sun gear. The reducer made with this structure is called a planetary reducer.
What are the advantages of planetary reducer?
1. High torque density. The planetary reducer is composed of several gears such as sun gear, planetary gear, ring gear, etc., and the torque load can be distributed to different gears. Therefore, under the same volume, the planetary reducer can withstand higher torque than other reducers.
2. Cost savings. With the planetary reducer, the designer can use a motor with a lower power, because the power becomes smaller, and the cost of the overall configuration is greatly reduced.
3. High precision. The most precise can reach one arc minute.
4. Low noise. The noise can be as low as 55 decibels during operation.
5. High efficiency. The efficiency loss of the planetary gear train is small, so the transmission efficiency can reach up to 97%.
6. High reduction ratio. Through the combination of multiple stages or multiple stages, various and higher reduction ratios can be assembled.
7. Wide range of applications. Due to the high torque density, high precision, high reduction ratio and compact characteristics of planetary reducers, they have infinite potential uses in industrial applications.
What are the types and applications of planetary reducers?
After years of development, the planetary reducer currently has the following types:
The planetary reducer itself has an output shaft, and the output shaft is coaxial or parallel to the input shaft. There are several forms of output shaft to choose from, for example, the common output shaft with key, which can make the reducer and the equipment end connected and assembled quickly and safely. In addition, there are optical shafts or bolt-slot shafts, etc., and other additional driving parts such as pulleys, gears, sprockets, etc. can be configured. The output shaft type planetary reducer has a wide range of applications and is suitable for almost all kinds of automation or machinery and equipment occasions. Such as machine tool, lathe, milling machine, water jet cutting machine, laser cutting machine, bottle blowing machine, rubber and plastic machinery, packaging machinery, CNC metal processing machine automatic loading and unloading automatic door type robotic arm and so on.
The output side of the reducer is an output flange (flange) designed according to the ISO 9409 specification, which can be matched with various pinions, pulleys or couplings that meet this specification to easily and quickly connect to the application machinery and equipment. The flange type planetary reducer can provide higher torsional rigidity due to the structural design and the large diameter of the output flange surface, and is especially suitable for applications where the motion direction is constantly changing. Commonly used in parallel delta industrial robots with rack and pinion drives.
The right-angle planetary reducer is equipped with a 90-degree right-angle gearbox, which outputs the torque and speed of the servo motor at a 90-degree turn, which can save installation space and make the overall design of the equipment more compact. The output end of the right-angle planetary reducer usually also has two types of output shaft type and flange type to choose from, which can be installed and used in any direction, which greatly increases the flexibility of design and installation. It is often used in automatic mechanical devices with servo motors, photoelectric panel handling, automatic storage systems, robotic arms, pipe benders, unmanned guided vehicles (AGV), etc.
Well-trained, professional and experienced R&D engineers and flexible coordinated manufacturing capabilities are able to develop exclusive drive solutions together with customers. Whether it is a special application environment, high output power or strength, or special requirements in surface treatment or materials, we can design, develop and manufacture according to your exact specifications, while meeting the performance, quality and cost standards you expect.
There are many types of reducers, with different structural designs and transmission methods, and planetary reducers are just one of them. Even so, planetary reducers can be used in countless different fields, and their uses are beyond our imagination.