With the development of digital technology and the impact and challenges of climate change, the smart agriculture application market has gradually grown in recent years.
What is Technology Agriculture?
Technology agriculture is to record various data of crop growth through sensors or cameras, uses the cloud and data analysis to provide warnings or suggestions, and even uses automatic machinery to accurately execute actions.
Changes in the Agricultural Industry - Smart Agriculture (Agriculture 4.0)
The concept of smart agriculture has been extended from Industry 4.0 to the agricultural industry, bringing the original precision agriculture into the concept of digitalization, transforming, and upgrading to the agricultural Internet of Things IoT. And applying innovative digital technologies such as Big Data, AI, and robots to agriculture and food chains.
Agriculture 4.0 aims to improve the sustainable farming, production, quality, and optimization of agricultural activities to the end of the food supply chain. Agriculture 4.0 is not only beneficial to farms, primary production, and processing, large-scale traders to downstream manufacturers in the food chain, etc. Can make effective use of limited resources and maximize their functions. Therefore, smart agriculture is the digital technology of precision agriculture and brings the concept of sustainability into the stage from farming and harvesting to logistics and sales.
Improve Industrial Efficiency and Effectiveness Through Technology Agriculture:
- Scientific and technological innovation research and development:
- Start the operation of the research team and link and integrate with the refined agricultural industry. Examine the implementation status of key industries in domestic and foreign market development, technology research and development, guidance and promotion, and overseas consultation on quarantine prevention and quarantine. To strengthen cooperation with research institutions such as colleges and universities and consortium legal persons. Towards the goal of high efficiency, high quality, and the growth of production area, output value, and external sales.
- Actively develop new technologies to maintain the advantages of scientific and technological research and development.
- Continue to promote the management and application of agricultural intellectual property and the operation of agricultural science and technology industries in the office.
- Industrialization of technology:
- Continue to promote the construction of agricultural science and technology parks to build Taiwan into an Asia-Pacific agricultural biotechnology center and a subtropical flower center.
- The Agricultural Committee of the Executive Yuan has promoted the R&D guidance method of agricultural enterprises to encourage agricultural enterprises to cooperate and invest in R&D funds.
- Agricultural Electronics:
- Establish an agricultural action information platform, and use text messages, emails, etc. to notify farmers of plant epidemic warnings, natural disaster subsidies, subsidies for farmers and fishermen’s children, and other information in real-time. According to the needs of farmers, which can strengthen the overall government services and achieve the good intention of caring for farmers.
Use PDA and GPS to conduct field area surveys to improve the accuracy of survey data, to accurately grasp the planting areas of these crops, and to control production and sales as soon as possible.
- Establish RFID and two-dimensional barcode information tracking systems at various stages, and successfully import them into agricultural practical applications. In addition, a production period adjustment consultation system is established to provide cultivation management information. Experts can provide cultivation management suggestions online in real-time, allowing farmers to accurately control the production period and quality.
- Establish a safe agricultural portal network, integrate information about agricultural products with safe agricultural labels, and provide production and sales maps. To help consumers easily get information on safe agricultural products and enhance public confidence in domestically produced agricultural products.
What technologies does technology agriculture have?
Technology agriculture can enhance the competitiveness of food agriculture. In addition, these related technologies are applied in the food industry, whether it is in the research and development of new products, or grasping the preferences of market consumers.
Bioinformatics is a field of research related to biologies such as applied mathematics, informatics, statistics, and computer science, including the search, processing, and utilization of biological data. The main research directions are gene identification, gene recombination, protein structure prediction, gene expression, and so on.
Bioinformatics is not a novel technology. At present, such technology has been widely used in the pharmaceutical field. In the era of easy access to information, consumers have many channels for product ingredients to know what nutrients they want, and food companies can use bioinformatics to understand the health effects of each ingredient more clearly on the human body. And then develop the corresponding products according to the market demand.
- Ingredient Informatics:
When it comes to the use of product ingredients, whether a food company knows enough about how its raw materials can be used will become an indispensable tool in research and development.
Taking vegetable protein as an example, in the use of raw materials, it is necessary to consider the complete structure of the vegetable protein, the ingredients that help digestion, the source of flavor, the source of alternative protein, etc. At the same time, it is necessary to consider so many aspects and ingredients when developing products. Informatics can solve such problems. Establish a data database related to all raw materials, what kind of raw materials have what kind of characteristics, record all the research and development data in the past, and use the data in the ingredient database. In this way, it is possible to reduce the repeated experience of the wrong direction of research and development, and to constantly adjust and find the right direction.
- Alternative Proteins:
Plant-based products are sold at prices like those of animal-based products. However, if the taste of the product is not good enough or attractive enough, no matter how good the product and nutrition are, there is no way to win the love of the people and create good sales results.
The technology of plant-based food is to understand how to use all plant-based raw materials to achieve the flavor, taste, etc. that animal-based products can achieve. In the process of research and development of plant-based products, it is also possible that to restore a better experience, the cost will continue to increase, which will also be a key point that such products must overcome.
Prospects of Science and Technology Agriculture:
In the era of continuous technological advancement, the technology that can master digital information is the best weapon, whether it is on the agricultural production side of the market information of food brands. If there is an effective combination of hardware and software technologies, there is an opportunity to use technology to develop low-waste, high-value sophisticated agriculture. Transforming the farming method that could only be inherited by individuals in the past into a systematic principle, so that the old farmers can save effort and the small farmers can introduce the experience to the masses.
Stable agriculture is often the key to the sound development of a country, and "Industry 4.0" brings information technology to the manufacturing industry. Agriculture 4.0 not only brings agricultural talents close to science and technology, but also brings science and technology people into the countryside, and uses the wisdom of a new generation to create a new agricultural economy.