It is a metal cutting processing equipment. The rocker arm can be rotated and lifted around the column. The spindle box is a horizontally-moving drilling machine on the rocker arm.
Basic Introduction of Radial Drilling Machine
The machine headstock can move on the rocker arm, and the rocker rotates with the rocker arm around the column. The rocker arm can also move up and down along the column to adapt to workpieces of different heights. Smaller workpieces can be installed on the workbench, and larger workpieces can be placed directly on the machine tool base or on the ground. Radial drilling machines are widely used in single-piece and small and medium batch production to processing holes for large and heavy workpieces. The main variants of the rocker drilling machine are the sliding seat type and the universal type. Slide type rocker drilling machine is formed by changing the base of the base type rocker drilling machine into a slide. The slide can move along the guide rail of the bed body to expand the processing range. In addition to the vertical and rotary movements, the rocker arm of the universal rocker drilling machine can also be moved horizontally. The spindle box can be adjusted on the rocker arm to suit the processing of various parts of the workpiece. In addition, there are car types, wall type, and digital control rocker drilling machines.
The Main Structure
A drilling machine is a kind of hole processing equipment, which can be used for drilling, reaming, reaming, tapping and scraping the end face and other forms of processing. According to usage and structure, drilling machines can be divided into vertical drilling machines, bench drilling machines, porous drilling machines, radial drilling machines, and other special drilling machines. Among all kinds of drilling machines, the rocker drilling machine is easy and flexible to operate, has a wide range of applications, and is typical. It is especially suitable for single-piece or batch production of holes with large porous parts. It is a common machine tool in general machining workshops.
The rocker drilling machine is mainly composed of a base, an inner column, an outer column, a rocker arm, a spindle box and a workbench.
The inner column is fixed at one end of the base, and an outer column is sleeved on the outside of the base. The outer column can rotate 360 degrees around the inner column. One end of the rocker arm is a sleeve, which is sleeved on the outer column to move up and down. Since the screw rod is connected with the outer column and the lifting nut is fixed on the rocker arm, the rocker arm cannot rotate around the outer column, and can only rotate with the outer column around the inner column. The spindle box is a composite component, which is composed of the main drive motor, the spindle, and the spindle drive mechanism, the feed and speed change mechanism, and the operating mechanism of the machine tool. The spindle box is installed on the horizontal rail of the rocker arm and can be operated by the handwheel to move it along the rocker arm on the horizontal rail.
- The structure of the protection control device
In order to ensure the sensitivity of the system, the device uses a photoelectric sensor and control module factory and is equipped with a relay and a protective switch to form an independent and complete safety protection device. Use this device with the electrical part of the original equipment. When the human body enters the danger zone, the safety device quickly cuts off the power and stops the equipment. The photoelectric sensor box is equipped with a transfer switch, with two blocks of automatic (input protection work) and manual (stop protection work). In order to ensure the reliable operation of the system, the components of the German Schneider company are used, and the two-way protector is used. It is used to protect the safety module, and one is used to protect the control loop. The control reverberation speed can reach 10 ~ 30μs, and the effective working distance of the photoelectric sensor can be determined according to the needs (adjusted with the precision potentiometer on the photoelectric sensor) to meet the needs of different processing. The effective width of the photoelectric sensor is determined by the number of infrared probes. In general, the number of infrared probes should not be less than three.
- Working principle and method of use
After the system power is turned on, the photoelectric sensor emits an infrared signal. At this time, if a foreign object appears within the hazardous area, the returned infrared signal quickly sends a signal to the safety control module through the photoelectric sensor. The safety control module sends instructions to the actuator relay to quickly cut off the power supply and stop the spindle of the drilling machine, thereby ensuring personal safety.
The photoelectric sensor is generally installed under the operating handle, and the safety control module, relay, and protection switch are installed in the tool electromechanical control box.
- Matters Needing Attention
Before each operation, first use a test board to reach into the dangerous area, and the equipment should be powered off immediately, otherwise, the safety system is faulty and should be repaired immediately.
The safety device is sensitive and reliable after being used on rocker drilling machines of different specifications, and the operator's personal safety is effectively guaranteed.
Main Functions of Radial Drilling Machine
Form of Exercise
- Suitable for drilling, reaming, reaming, reaming, surface drilling, and threading on medium and large metal parts. The operation of the handles and buttons of the hydraulic rocker drill's main functions is not concentrated on the spindle box.
- Rocker arm lifting and clamping: Rocker arm lifting is dragged by the motor on the top of the column and driven by the screw nut to achieve rocker arm lifting. The lifting nut is equipped with a safety nut to ensure that the rocker arm cannot be suddenly dropped; the rocker arm clamping is achieved by hydraulically driven diamond-shaped blocks. After clamping, the diamond-shaped blocks are locked automatically; The rocker arm is automatically clamped and controlled by an electrical switch mounted on the cylinder.
- Spindle box: realize the rotation, feed, and operation of the spindle at all levels. The spindle speed range is 25-2000r / min, with a total of 16 levels, which can be realized by rotating the centralized operation handwheel (spindle speed preselection button); There are 16 levels in 0.04-3.2mm / r, which can be achieved by rotating the centralized operation handwheel (pre-selection button for spindle feed).
- Clamping of the spindle box and the vertical column: the tightening of the spindle box and the vertical column is driven by hydraulic pressure, and the diamond block is clamped. The two actions can be performed simultaneously or separately. The selection button is a knob on the headstock panel, where the middle position is clamping, the left is a separate loose clamp for the column, and the right is a separate loose clamp for the spindle housing. The action realization buttons are the spindle box column release button and the spindle box column clamping button.
When processing, the spindle box is fastened to the rocker rail by a special tightening device, and the outer column is fastened to the inner column, the rocker is fastened to the outer column, and then drilling is performed. During the drilling process, the drill bit performs rotary cutting while performing longitudinal feed, and its movement form is:
- The main motion of the rocker drilling machine is the rotary motion of the main shaft
- The feed motion is the longitudinal feed of the spindle
- The auxiliary movements include: the rocker arm moves vertically along the outer column, the headstock moves along the length of the rocker arm, and the rocker arm and the outer column rotate around the inner column